Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My "Top 5" of 2008 - Electronic

Why do I find myself so into electronic music?

What is it about the trance that draws one in? Although I used to be drawn to music that spoke to me lyrically, i've realized that music doesn't have to have good lyrics for me to enjoy it. The lyrics can really suck, or, actually it doesn't even have to have them. lonely syllables are completely fine. I'm going to compile a list of songs that get me pumped no matter what. And i can't really figure out why. but these songs were epic in 2008, and necessary.

Matt & Kim - Yeah Yeah (Flosstradamus remix)
Villains - Thrilla
Hail Social - Heaven (Designer Drugs remix)
Dragonette - I Get Around (Midnight Juggernaut mix)
Britney Spears - Womanizer (The Teenagers remix)

These were songs that you heard at least once if you hung out with me in 2008.
I would make them links... but I don't want to deal with any legal repercussions, SO, either find them on hype machine, last.fm, or even youtube, if you get desperate! Or just ask me.

notable mentions:
-moster hospital (MSTRKRFT remix) - metric
-the end of you too - metronomy
-you visits are getting shorter - bloc party
-blind - hercules and love affair
-talk like that - the presets
-ready for the floor - hot chip (ALSO the duffy cover)
-hips lips and microchips - crash overdrive

No comments:

Post a Comment